Do you really like your city of Geneva, and want to share your passion with travelers from all around the world? Then the Geneva Greeters is made for you.
To become a Greeter, we simply ask you the following:
- Be able to dedicate between 20 and 40 hours per year for Greeting visits
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about the town. No experience as a professional tourist guide is required.
- All languages are welcome, whether you speak 1 or 5
- Be knowledgeable about an aspect of Geneva, its neighborhoods, and/or surrounding villages
- Be able to customize a unique visit for guests based on their personal interests OR show them your favorite places.
The Geneva Greeters experience is positive for everybody:
- FOR YOU: an opportunity to meet people from all around the world
- FOR TOURISTS: an exciting new way to visit Geneva and meet locals
- FOR THE CITY: a positive image of Geneva and its residents, which make travelers happy to come back.
Photo © Genève Tourisme & Congrès